8 Need to Know Legal Military Facts
Learn how the Air Force Academy is addressing the issue of sexual assault in this informative guide. Explore their policies, initiatives, and commitment
Recent Posts The Prevalence of PTSD The Prevalence of PTSD in the Military In 2024 Symptoms of PTSD in Military Personnel Impact on Daily Life Barriers to Care Treatment Options The Insanity Defense and PTSD Insanity and the UCMJ Articles Frequently Asked Questions If...
Navigate military criminal investigations with expert advice. Learn service members rights, and the process from a seasoned military justice lawyer
8 legal Military fact that everyone who is facing military legal issues should know
- The Military Justice system is controlled by commanders. When facing the Military Justice System you need independent, passionate, and experienced military attorney on your side to ensure your rights are protected.
- A military lawyer may not have the experience or time to provide you with the best possible defense. Military counsel are dedicated professionals, but many may only have 1-2 years of experience as an attorney or in the military. The military attorneys at Military Trial Defenders are not only experienced litigators, they are experienced former active duty officers who understand how commanders evaluate cases and make decisions.
- You have the right to remain silent. As a military member, if you are suspected of wrongdoing you have a constitutional right to remain silent and consult with an attorney. Never waive that right without speaking to an experienced attorney first. Even if you did nothing wrong, your words may be used against you.
- The Military Justice system is unique and constantly evolving. In order to receive the best defense, you need counsel that is dedicated to understanding military litigation and know the latest changes and critical nuances of the military system.
- Any allegation of sexual assault, regardless of the merit, will be investigated and is likely to result in a court-martial. Given the political and command climate of the military, any allegation involving sexual assault or misconduct is highly serious and requires a great deal of skill and care to resolve. Without at the early and continual assistance of the right defense counsel you will face court-martial, a Dishonorable Discharge and decades in a military prison.
- You have the right to choose the counsel that will represent you in administrative and criminal proceedings. Military members have a absolute right to choose to be represented by experienced and independent counsel that answer only to you the client—not the of chain command.
- Military Academy Cadets have the same rights and privileges as other military members. Whether you are a the United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) or the Military Academy at Westpoint, the Naval Academy or a Coastie, from Colorado Springs to Annapolis—you have the right to hire a civilian defense counsel to represent you. Military attorneys like the experts at Military Trial Defenders have a record of successful outcomes in honor board cases and disenrollment hearings. Combined they have successfully represented dozens of cadets facing an early end to their military and academic careers.
- Many states have adopted the Model Code of Military Justice. With the adoption of the model code in many states like, California, Texas and Pennsylvania, the members of the National Guard now face the possibility of being criminally prosecuted by their state. Military Trial Defenders team includes military lawyers with experience serving in and representing members of the National Guard.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
ANYWHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLDCall us today at 1-877-619-9657
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
We Proudly Serve All Branches of The Military in All Locations Worldwide